Effective date: 01 November 2018
At Paradise Isle Holidays we are committed to creating unforgettable memories for our customers. We need to ask you for some personal data when we plan your trip and want you to have the best experience possible when you book with us.
Personal data is information which identifies you and relates to you as an individual.
Paradise Isle Holidays is committed to protecting the personal data of all the people we deal with.
This policy sets out the personal data we collect, how it is collected and used, who we share your personal data with and how long we keep it for.
The policy also covers any transfers relating your personal data, how we legally justify using it, how to contact us and other relevant information.
What Personal Data do we collect about you and how is it used?
Potential or Existing Customers: We will ask for your name, contact details and your email address so that we can contact you if you get in touch or ask us for information.
If you book your holiday with us, we’ll ask for passenger information and passport details so that we can organise your travel. We may ask you to provide more details about yourself so that we can plan your trip around any special requirements you may have.
We use personal data about other individuals provided by you, such as those people on your booking. By providing other people’s personal data you must be sure that they agree to this and you are allowed to provide it. Where appropriate you should also ensure that they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
Paradise Isle Holidays uses your personal data to provide the products and services you request including managing your booking and helping you with any updates or refunds.
Our Suppliers: We collect and use certain personal data about supplier contacts in order to fulfil the contracts with our customers.
Other Third Parties: From time to time we also collect personal data about contacts at third party organisations such as contacts who work for trade bodies or other organisations.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
What Special Categories of Personal Data do we process?
Certain categories of data are considered to be “special categories of data” and are subject to additional safeguards.
The special categories of personal data which we may collect relate to your physical health and/or disabilities and are collected so that we can ensure that your trip is appropriate for your needs. We may ask for your explicit consent in order to process special categories of personal data.
How we collect your Personal Data
We collect personal data from you directly in the case of prospective customers or from your employer or a third-party where we require direct contact with you in a business context.
Your insurance company, their agents and medical staff may exchange relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
Who we share your Personal Data with
In order to make sure that you get the service that you expect, we will need to share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Selected trusted third-party business partners (such as the local businesses we partner with in the locations our customers travel to) and service providers to perform services related to the contracts we enter into with you.
- Any other third parties if necessary, to comply with legal obligations or enforce agreements. For example, we are required to provide airlines with a passenger mobile phone number and email contact details under IATA Resolution 830d for the airline to inform the passenger of any operational difficulties.
- Any other third parties if this is necessary to protect our or your rights, property, or safety and/or those of others.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for them to use for the purposes of sending you marketing information, or for those third parties to use your information for their own purposes.
For how long will my Personal Data be retained?
Paradise Isle Holidays will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, when you book with us, we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfil the specific arrangements. After that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty discounts which are due to you.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained. If you stop interacting with us as a customer, we will remove or anonymise your personal data after 7 years.
Transfers of your Personal Data
From time to time we may process (or permit a third party to process) your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where local laws may not provide legal protection for your personal data in the same way as is applicable in the EEA and the UK. For example, when you book a trip, we will need to provide your information to local accommodation and service providers.
Whenever we send (or permit a third party to send) your personal data outside of the EEA, we will make sure that we take steps necessary to protect your data as required by applicable laws. For example, we may require the recipient to enter into particular contract terms, or we will make sure that the information that we give to them will be limited to what is needed to perform our contract with you.
If you wish to learn more about the safeguards in place to protect your personal data when we transfer it outside of the EEA, please contact us using the details provided below.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold about you as set out below.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal data. There are some limited exceptions to this right, such as personal data relating to others who have not consented to the disclosure of their information and information which is legally privileged.
- You may ask us to correct your personal data if that data is inaccurate.
- You may ask for personal data which identifies you to be erased.To do this we will anonymise your data by removing the information that identifies you from the data we hold in our systems. However, a separate and restricted copy of the identifying information will be kept for 7 years to meet our obligations to law enforcement, national authorities and legal proceedings.
- You may request us to stop using your personal data where we are doing so under legitimate interests unless it is needed for dealing with legal claims or we have other compelling legitimate reasons that override your rights.
- You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you have provided from to another organisation or provide a copy to you.
- You may request us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Automated decisions and profiling: We do not make automated decisions or profile you based on your personal data.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is accurate. In order to assist us with this, you should notify us of any changes to the personal data that we hold by contacting us using the details provided above.
We are required to employ adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from any loss, destruction, damage or unlawful disclosure.
- How to contact us